The Redondo Beach Unified School District is new Inter-District Permits for the 2018-2019 school year.
The Inter-District Permit Applications for the 2019-2020 school year will be accepted starting March 1, 2019 and ending on May 31, 2019. Priority is not on a first come, first served basis.
INTER-DISTRICT PERMIT TO ATTEND RBUSD
INTER-DISTRICT PERMIT TO ATTEND RBUSD
Redondo Beach Unified School District's first commitment is to provide a quality education for students living within Redondo's attendance boundaries. If a student that lives outside those attendance boundaries desires to attend Redondo schools, they must first obtain permission to be released (Inter-District Permit) from the district in which they live. That permit is then sent to the Educational Services Office and evaluated. Parents/guardians requesting attendance within RBUSD from an outside district must fill out the RBUSD New Inter-District Permit Application and be able to provide the district with a copy of the student's most current report card showing grade level. Please bring this completed application form filled out along with a copy of your permit release to the RBUSD District Offices - Educational Services.
Parents are contacted by the Office of Educational Services if space becomes available in one of our schools. Obtaining a permit from the school district in which you reside does not mandate acceptance by the Redondo Beach Unified School District - you must still be accepted within RBUSD to attend. If a permit is accepted, students are expected to maintain satisfactory attendance, effort, academic achievement, and behavior.
Procedures for Parent(s)/Guardian(s):
1. Apply to be released from your home district by visiting your home district's Student Services/Educational Services office.
2. Complete the RBUSD Inter-District Permit Application and attach the permit release and a copy of the student's most current report card.
3. Bring the completed RBUSD Inter-District Permit Application and the permit release to Education Services in the RBUSD District Office at 1401 Inglewood Avenue no later than May 31, 2018.
PRIORITY FOR INTER-DISTRICT PERMIT REQUESTS
When it has been determined that space is available at a particular grade level and/or school site for enrollment, priority shall be established using the following guidelines:
- Priority for new Inter-District attendance permits shall be granted first to children of current permanent employees of the District. "Children" shall be limited to each permanent employee's immediate family, including step-children living with them at least 50% of the time. To enjoy this priority, applicants must submit all required paperwork for Inter-District transfers to the District Office, Educational Services Department no later than May 31, 2018. Applications received after this date will not be entitled to priority status.
- After Inter-District transfers are accepted for children of current permanent employees of the District, priority may be granted to students who have one or more siblings currently enrolled in the school district. To enjoy this priority, applicants must submit all required paperwork for Inter-District transfers to the District Office, Educational Services Department no later than May 31, 2018. Applications received after this date will not be entitled to priority status.
RBUSD Board Policy (BP) 5117
PERMIT RELEASE FROM RBUSD
Interdistrict permits are also necessary for Redondo Beach residents who are requesting to have their child attend a school outside of the Redondo Beach Unified School District. Information regarding interdistrict permits is available in Board Policy/Administrative Regulation 5117. To apply to be released from RBUSD, please refer to Board Policy below and fill out the application completely. Bring completed application and necessary support documents to the Educational Services office at the RBUSD District offices located at 1401 Inglewood Avenue.
Redondo Beach Unified School District is obligated to provide an education for those students who reside within its attendance boundaries. From time to time, a student's residency is researched because of continued tardies, returned mail, excessive absence or statements from students indicating they live outside of Redondo Beach. Based on these issues, the District will have an employee visit the residence to verify that the student in question lives there. A report is made as to the findings and that report is forwarded to the individual schools. Parents may be asked to provide proof of residency each year.
QUESTIONS REGARDING PERMITS?
Please contact Educational Services office at:
IMPORTANT DATES FOR INTER-DISTRICT PERMIT & SCHOOL OF CHOICE REQUESTS
For the 2018 - 2019 School Year:
- March 1, 2018 - Begin accepting Inter-District Permit and School of Choice Requests
- March 30, 2018 - Deadline for School of Choice Requests
- May 4, 2018 - Public lottery for Washington Spanish Dual Immersion Program
- May 18, 2018 - Public lottery for School of Choice
- May 31, 2018 - Deadline to turn in an Inter-District permit request for 2018-19
- June 22, 2018 - Public lottery (if needed), and Wait List started for Inter-district permits
- June 1 to August 3, 2018 - Inter-District permits turned in after the deadline, students names are added to the Wait List
- August 3, 2018 - Last day to turn in a Inter-District permit request for the 2018-19 school year
- September 14, 2018 - Last day a student could be removed from the Wait List and offered a placement in an RBUSD school