Happy May 1, 2020. We hope you and your family are well. We appreciate your continued support of our distance learning program.
You likely heard Governor Gavin Newsom share that reopening schools is a priority. This is great to hear and provides some hope. Of course, we are awaiting the details. Once we receive the specific timeline, as well as “what” reopening entails, our newly assembled RBUSD Reopening Classrooms and Child Development Center (CDC) Think Tank will work hard to determine “how” to do this within our learning community. This Think Tank is comprised of key administrators, labor partners, PTA, RBEF, RBPD, Beach Cities Health District, and two RBUSD Board of Education members. The Think Tank will consider and evaluate:
- student and staff health and well-being
- educational program continuity
- partial, hybrid, or phased opening
- fiscal, budgetary, and structural constraints
- neighboring district trends
- LA County Office of Education (in collaboration with LA County Department of Public Health) and California Department of Education recommendations
We are meeting via WebEx weekly and ensure our readiness when we receive the official notice. The safety of our students and staff will be paramount in this planning process. Please stay tuned for more information regarding the reopening of schools and CDC.
Steven E. Keller, Ed.D.
Proud Superintendent of Schools
Please follow us on Instagram @redondobeachusd
- RBUSD UPDATE May 1, 2020.pdf
- School Community Letter - Friday April 17 2020.pdf
- RBUSD Grading Guidelines - Friday April 17 2020.pdf
- School Community Letter - Monday April 13 2020.pdf
- Weekly Online Learning Schedule.pdf
- RBUSD School Campus Closure April 2, 2020.pdf
- RBUSD Parents, Guardians, Staff, and Community Update March 20, 2019.pdf
- School Community Letter - Monday March 16 2020.pdf
- RBUSD Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update March 03_13_2020 Parent.pdf
- RBUSD Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update March 03_12_2020.pdf
- RBUSD Parent Letter Coronavirus (COVID-19) March_06_2020.pdf