January 12, 2021
Dear RBUSD Parent/Guardian and Staff:
Happy 2021! Eventually, we will return to a version of normal; we are not there yet. Thank you for your patience.
Earlier this afternoon, the majority of our RBUSD Board of Education provided staff direction to postpone the reopening of in-person, hybrid instruction for Grades TK-2 until Monday, February 1, 2021. We will also extend the suspension of all outdoor athletic conditioning at RUHS until February 1, 2021. These actions are in response to Los Angeles County Department of Public Health’s letter (attached) that strongly recommends suspending in-person instruction for the month of January.
The letter from the LACDPH also recommends that in-person support for high need students should be limited to those necessary services and assessments that cannot be delivered virtually and cannot be reasonably postponed until February. Therefore, in-person instruction for the LIFT preschool, special-day classes including the transition program, IPASS, and RBLA, will resume in-person instruction next Tuesday, January 19, 2021. Site staff will communicate details regarding these programs and/or services directly with enrolled families. All IEP services for students not participating in the above programs, as well as services for English learners, will continue being delivered remotely.
Child Development Centers (CDC) at all elementary schools will continue to operate under current state/county Guidelines for Child Care.
As for grades 3-12, LACDPH has not yet provided any indication regarding a reopening timeline. When they do, we will communicate with you.
For staff, Team RBUSD is continuing to monitor the COVID vaccination timeline and administration options. We are working closely with Beach Cities Health District to ideally streamline this process for staff. In the meantime, please learn more about the vaccine by clicking on the BCHD link (BCHD COVID vaccine webpage). According to Cathryn Granger (see attached picture), our Health Clerk at Jefferson Elementary, “It was easy-peasy.” She received her vaccination earlier today, as health clerks and nurses fall under Phase 1A of the vaccination process.
For more information around learning models, reopening processes, COVID data and protocols, Reopening Think Tank details, RBUSD Reopening Plan, and our relentless focus on safety, visit our website at www.rbusd.org under School Reopening. We highly recommend that all families reference the information provided here for any additional clarification as needed.
As noted in previous letters, we recognize the stress and anxiety that the rise in COVID-19 cases is causing for many of our students and families. Our counselors, teachers, administrators, and staff are here to support you. Additionally, RBUSD provides a number of social/emotional resources that families can access at little to no cost. We offer both family and community resources.
Thank you for your care and support as we work to safely return students to campus.
Proud Superintendent of Schools
Please follow us on Instagram @redondobeachusd
Cathryn Granger Health Clerk at Jefferson Elementary
- RBUSD Update from Dr. Keller 01_12_2021.pdf
- LACDPH TK-12 Memo 01_08_2021.pdf
- RBUSD Responds to Recent L.A. County COVID-19 Data Important Update 12_30_2020.pdf
- Brief Update from Dr. Keller 12_18_2020.pdf
- TK-2 Update from Dr Keller December_09_2020.pdf
- RBUSD TK-2 Proposed Return Timeline.pdf
- RBUSD TK-2 LACDPH Waiver Approval Notification.pdf
- Happy Thanksgiving and an Update from Dr. Keller.pdf
- COVID-19 Expenditures.pdf
- Parent_Guardian Update from Dr. Steven Keller - 11_12_2020.pdf
- Update from Dr. Steven Keller, Superintendent of Schools 10_28_2020.pdf
- RBUSD Update and Family Survey - 10_15_2020.pdf
- RBUSD Update from Dr. Keller - 09_23_2020.pdf
- LACDPH Reopening Protocols for K-12 Schools.pdf
- School Community Letter - Friday July 10 2020.pdf
- School Community Letter - Tuesday June 23 2020 - Parent.pdf
- RBUSD Plan for Reopening Letter 06 11 2020.pdf
- RBUSD Parent_Guardian Letter June 022020.pdf
- RBUSD UPDATE May 1, 2020.pdf
- School Community Letter - Friday April 17 2020.pdf
- RBUSD Grading Guidelines - Friday April 17 2020.pdf
- School Community Letter - Monday April 13 2020.pdf
- Weekly Online Learning Schedule.pdf
- RBUSD School Campus Closure April 2, 2020.pdf
- RBUSD Parents, Guardians, Staff, and Community Update March 20, 2019.pdf
- School Community Letter - Monday March 16 2020.pdf
- RBUSD Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update March 03_13_2020 Parent.pdf
- RBUSD Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update March 03_12_2020.pdf
- RBUSD Parent Letter Coronavirus (COVID-19) March_06_2020.pdf