April 2, 2020
The entire RBUSD Team wishes to thank you for your extraordinary work and support. Not only have you assisted in your child’s instructional program, you have been supportive of our teachers’ transition to this instructional delivery. Our public health emergency has us all working differently.
In the last 24 hours, Governor Newsom, State Superintendent of Public Instruction Thurmond, and Los Angeles County Office of Education Superintendent Dr. Duardo, provided school districts guidance to continue the distance learning model until the end of the 2019-2020 school year. RBUSD students will not return to their campus this school year. This is not the news we wanted, yet we understand.
Spring Break begins on Monday, April 6. Enjoy your time with your family. As I previously shared in last week’s letter, I am directing RBUSD teachers, principals, and administrators to refrain from working during Spring Break. These folks have been working diligently during this transition. Let’s allow them to enjoy their time with family and friends.
Phase 2 of the RBUSD Instructional Plan begins on Monday, April 13. Phase 2 essentially will continue to engage all students in learning around essential standards, which will include new content. We are moving forward.
The two most common questions I receive are:
- What about grading? We are working on this and will share more once we have guidance from the California Department of Education. We have our own grading plan draft should the CDE allow local school districts to create their own grading system. Thank you for your patience.
- Will RUHS seniors have a graduation? Brandt, our Board of Education, and I agree we will do whatever it takes to have our seniors experience a graduation. When this is and what it will look like continues to evolve. Again, thank you for your patience.
Steven E. Keller, Ed.D.
Proud Superintendent of Schools
- RBUSD School Campus Closure April 2, 2020.pdf
- RBUSD Parents, Guardians, Staff, and Community Update March 20, 2019.pdf
- School Community Letter - Monday March 16 2020.pdf
- RBUSD Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update March 03_13_2020 Parent.pdf
- RBUSD Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update March 03_12_2020.pdf
- RBUSD Parent Letter Coronavirus (COVID-19) March_06_2020.pdf