April 06, 2021
Hello, Staff and Parents/Guardians:
We hope you are enjoying your spring break. Los Angeles County Department of Public Health has revised its travel advisory. Please follow the link to learn more (http://www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/traveladvisory.htm).
March 30, 2021
Dear Staff and Parents/Guardians:
Happy pre-spring break! We have a lot to share with you, so we here we go.
As you have likely heard, the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH) has formally embraced the Centers for Disease Control and the California Department of Public Health’s 3-feet physical distancing guidance for TK-12 classroom instruction. In short, students must be at least 3-feet apart in the academic classroom setting, while the teacher or staff member must maintain at least 6-feet of distance from students and fellow staff members. With this new guidance, we worked with our teacher association and Board of Education to increase on-campus instruction. This will double each student’s in-person time with his/her teacher, provided the student is enrolled in the hybrid program. We are thrilled to be able to maximize instructional time on campus under current LACDPH guidelines, going well beyond a half-day offering, and taking significant steps in the reopening process.
Here is a summary of the changes for students enrolled in the hybrid model. Please note: If you are in the 100% online learning model (SchoolsPLP/Apex), nothing will change for your child(ren).
Grades TK-5: Monday, April 12, will be a distance learning day. Beginning April 13, grades TK-5 students will begin five-days a week instruction under the hybrid bell schedule (Grade TK/K, dismiss at 11:45 a.m. and Grades 1-5, dismiss at 12:55 p.m.). Cohorts A and B will be combined. Your site principal and teacher will communicate with you regarding this process.
Grades 6-12: Beginning the week of April 12, all 6-12 grade students will return two days a week as planned under the cohort model. Beginning April 26, however, grades 6-12 extend their days on campus from two to four days a week under the current hybrid bell schedule (dismissing at 12:35 p.m.). Cohorts A and B will be combined. Your site principal and teachers will communicate with you regarding this process. Please note that Patricia Dreizler students will learn more about their cohort and schedule from their principal.
If your student is enrolled in our special day class program, you will hear from your teacher or site administrator regarding program changes, if any.
In the coming weeks, you will also receive detailed information around RBUSD’s 2021 Summer Bridging Institutes for current K-8 students. The purpose of these two-week institutes, taught by RBUSD teachers, will be to provide, for those students interested, an in-person learning experience designed to prime them for their next grade/course. Institutes will run in two-week sessions, and will be offered in both AM and PM time slots to provide flexibilities to our families. More details to come.
As spring break is just a few days away, we remind you of the LACDPH travel advisory (CurrentTravelAdvisory.LACDPH). We are relying on everyone to follow this advisory, as our continued priority is the health and safety of our students and staff. Thank you for your partnership in this endeavor.
Finally, Team RBUSD is planning the 2021-2022 school year with the pre-COVID daily and weekly schedule in mind. There may still be restrictions per LACDPH in the fall (masking, distancing, hand hygiene, etc.), but we are optimistic about the future.
Thank you for your continued partnership and patience. Enjoy a safe spring break.
Steven E. Keller, Ed.D.
Proud Superintendent of Schools
Please follow us on Instagram @redondobeachusd
- March 30 2021 Update from Dr Steven Keller.pdf
- March 19 2021 Update from Dr Steven Keller.pdf
- March 10 2021 Update from Dr Steven Keller.pdf
- RBUSD Update from Dr. Keller 03_05_2021.pdf
- RBUSD Update from Dr. Keller 02_17_2021.pdf
- RBUSD Update from Dr. Keller 02_12_2021.pdf
- RBUSD Update from Dr. Keller 02-05-2021.pdf
- Update from Dr. Keller 01-29-2021.pdf
- RBUSD Update from Dr. Keller 01_12_2021.pdf
- LACDPH TK-12 Memo 01_08_2021.pdf
- RBUSD Responds to Recent L.A. County COVID-19 Data Important Update 12_30_2020.pdf
- Brief Update from Dr. Keller 12_18_2020.pdf
- TK-2 Update from Dr Keller December_09_2020.pdf
- RBUSD TK-2 Proposed Return Timeline.pdf
- RBUSD TK-2 LACDPH Waiver Approval Notification.pdf
- Happy Thanksgiving and an Update from Dr. Keller.pdf
- COVID-19 Expenditures.pdf
- Parent_Guardian Update from Dr. Steven Keller - 11_12_2020.pdf
- Update from Dr. Steven Keller, Superintendent of Schools 10_28_2020.pdf
- RBUSD Update and Family Survey - 10_15_2020.pdf
- RBUSD Update from Dr. Keller - 09_23_2020.pdf
- LACDPH Reopening Protocols for K-12 Schools.pdf
- School Community Letter - Friday July 10 2020.pdf
- School Community Letter - Tuesday June 23 2020 - Parent.pdf
- RBUSD Plan for Reopening Letter 06 11 2020.pdf
- RBUSD Parent_Guardian Letter June 022020.pdf
- RBUSD UPDATE May 1, 2020.pdf
- School Community Letter - Friday April 17 2020.pdf
- RBUSD Grading Guidelines - Friday April 17 2020.pdf
- School Community Letter - Monday April 13 2020.pdf
- Weekly Online Learning Schedule.pdf
- RBUSD School Campus Closure April 2, 2020.pdf
- RBUSD Parents, Guardians, Staff, and Community Update March 20, 2019.pdf
- School Community Letter - Monday March 16 2020.pdf
- RBUSD Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update March 03_13_2020 Parent.pdf
- RBUSD Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update March 03_12_2020.pdf
- RBUSD Parent Letter Coronavirus (COVID-19) March_06_2020.pdf