Panorama SEL Student Survey at RBUSD
Common Questions for Panorama SEL Student Survey
at Redondo Beach Unified School District
Where can I find the content of Redondo Beach’s survey?
Full content proofs for each of the student surveys being used during the ‘21-’22 school year in Redondo Beach are available below:
- 3rd-5th Grade Version -- Social-Emotional Learning Survey
- 6th-12th Grade Version -- Social-Emotional Learning Survey
Does Panorama content include questions re: mental health about my student?
- No. Panorama survey content is not designed for nor should be used to identify students who require mental health or trauma treatment. The purpose of the Panorama survey is to help educators understand students’ general social-emotional needs and strengths.
How does Panorama keep students’ data safe?
- Panorama follows best practices for data privacy and security. The company implements administrative, technical, and physical security controls designed to protect information stored on its servers, which are located in the United States. Panorama does not use student data for purposes other than serving schools and districts and cannot share any education or student information unless authorized by the school or district or under applicable law.
What kinds of student data does Panorama collect?
- Panorama only collects student data in the course of performing services for the school or district pursuant to a written contract, and Panorama only uses student data for the purpose of serving schools and districts.
Does Panorama engage in data mining?
- Panorama’s products enable educators to gain insights from their students’ data in order to better understand and support them. Panorama does not market, sell, or rent any student's personal information. Panorama does not engage in, inform, influence, or enable advertising to students. Panorama does not collect information from students unless performing services for their school or district pursuant to a written contract. Panorama cannot share any student information unless authorized by the school or district or under applicable law.
How does Panorama handle parental consent for students completing surveys?
- Panorama requires districts to obtain any necessary parental consent or provide any required disclosures to parents or guardians. We will gather information from students directly only as requested by a district and only for the purposes of providing our services to the district. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact your school’s principal.
Can I choose to not to have my student participate?
- Yes, the Panorama SEL surveys are optional. Please reach out to your student’s school principal should you want your student to not participate in the student surveys this school year.
Will this impact my student’s grades if they don’t take the survey?
- There is no credit or grade which is given to students for participating or not participating. The survey is totally voluntary. There are no right or wrong responses.
Does Panorama collect demographic information like ‘Parent Name’, or ‘Place of Birth’?
- Each district has full discretion on which student rostering and demographic information is provided to Panorama. Redondo Beach is not providing the above to Panorama.
What does a sample student’s results look like?
- You can view a sample student-level report here (note: this is not a real student).
Who has access to student response data for individual questions?
- To preserve student confidentiality, individual question responses are not visible in the platform to Redondo Beach to school or district staff. Only topic-level summary data is available to only educators who support your student. To learn more about what reports look like for educators who support your student, see our ‘Exploring Student SEL Data’ page here. (note: this is not real student data)
Can I request access to my student’s report once data becomes available?
- Absolutely, you may reach out to your school to request this information.