Option #2: 100% Online Learning (SchoolsPLP)
Parents have the option of enrolling their child in Option 2: 100% Online Learning. This may be done if there is a medical need for the student, a health need for someone in the household, or based on parent preference. Under this model, students receive primary instruction via a digital curriculum platform, SchoolsPLP. Students remain enrolled in their home school, however they will be in a virtual “class” with students across the district and with a RBUSD online teacher. This teacher may not be a teacher from your student’s home school, but will be a RBUSD credentialed teacher.
Option #2: 100% Online Learning includes:
- Full-time enrollment in courses with primary instruction using the SchoolsPLP delivery platform and approved course curriculum.
- Students work and learn more independently.
- Program & social/emotional monitoring by RBUSD teacher with limited direct instruction.
- Daily schedule to be developed alongside Online Teacher.
- Daily required attendance & participation.
- Tradition grading with assessments through the SchoolsPLP platform.
- Intervention support as needed.
Can you fully explain the RBUSD Option 2, Online Learning Model?