Welcome to the Redondo Beach Unified School District!
Our teachers, administrators and support staff are committed to academic excellence and quality service for our families. As such, we hope to make the enrollment process as quick and convenient as possible.
To enroll just follow the steps outlined below and you'll be on your way to a successful school experience.
Before you start...
There are programs set up specifically for new incoming Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten students.
- Kindergarten Program Information
- Transitional Kindergarten Program Information
- Kindergarten CDC Enrollment Information
Assigned Neighborhood Schools:
Based on the address of your residence in Redondo Beach, you will be assigned a neighborhood school.
It is recognized that students do their best work in school when they are placed in a grade with other students of the same chronological age. The following links provide RBUSD guidelines for placing students at the appropriate grade level. Please contact your neighborhood school if you have any questions regarding grade-level placement.
Step 1 - Enrollment Process
Enrollment processing occurs at individual school sites. You must have a valid address within the Redondo Unified School District attendance area to enroll your child. Please click here to locate your neighborhood school/s.
You will need to complete the following documents to enroll your child:
- 2017-2018 New Student Enrollment Form
- 2017-2018 Residency Verification Form (*see below for required documentation)
- 2017-2018 Emergency Contact Information Form
- 2017-2018 Student Health Update Form
Verification of child's proof of age, family's residence and child's immunizations will be required before you complete the enrollment process.
For enrollment in Redondo Union High School, please bring the additional required documents:
- UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT or most recent 8th grade report card for incoming 9th graders. RUHS will request official transcripts from the former school after the enrollment process has been completed.
- WITHDRAWAL FORM WITH GRADES from previous school -- if student is entering RUHS at any other time other than the beginning of the school year. We are unable to enroll your student until we have notification for their withdrawal from the last school of attendance. RUHS teachers must have a student's withdrawal grades from the previous school for proper evaluation and placement.
- CALIFORNIA PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST (PFT) results. If you have taken the California Physical Fitness Test in the previous high school, please bring a copy of your results for enrollment. If you have not yet taken the test, you will need to be enrolled in a physical education (PE) class.
Step 2 - Required Documents
Proof of Age
- Birth Certificate or Passport (Original required)
State Immunization Requirements
Step 3 - Registration Verification
Once you have assembled the required documents, you'll need to bring these documents to your neighborhood school to have your enrollment processed.